About AccordAccord Australasia Limited is the national industry association for the Australasian hygiene, cosmetic and specialty products industry.
Accord represents the full range of formulated products from luxury cosmetics and fragrances to industrial specialities.
We are active in Australia and New Zealand and have strong affiliations with sister industry associations in the USA, Canada, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Membership has grown more than forty percent since 2005 and currently stands at just under 100 companies. Click here for a list of Accord members and website links.
Our valued Associate Members are companies who provide specific services and expertise for our industry.
Click here for a summary of the many benefits of Accord membership.
Our philosophy and approach
Accord is an inclusive, consensus-driven organisation. We represent the interests of the entire industry and pursue common, uniting objectives that have maximum benefits for all industry members. This includes both large multinational firms and smaller Australian-owned enterprises as well as both local manufacturers and product importers.
We support and promote non-discriminatory government policies within Australia which create a level playing field essential for fair competition between all of our industry sector's businesses.
In keeping with the strong scientific basis of our industry, we also adopt a principled, evidence-based approach to our policy inputs and representation with governments.
Accord's overall approach is best summarised in our Strategic Goals (click on each Goal for more information).
- GOAL 1 - Member Services: An engaged membership with effective communication, networking and feedback mechanisms
- GOAL 2 - Regulation & Regulatory Reform: A sustainable business operation environment that has minimum effective regulation, reducing the compliance burden on industry
- GOAL 3 - Social Contribution & Environmental Sustainability: A responsible industry actively playing its part to meet social, health & environmental challenges of importance to the overall wellbeing of the community
- GOAL 4 - Public Affairs: A positive profile & image for the industry with key influencers and a high level of consumer confidence in industry products
- GOAL 5 - Commercial Affairs: A strong industry committed to quality, supporting fair competition & ethical business practices and contributing to national prosperity
Our management team
Accord is managed by a small and dynamic team of business professionals with a wealth of experience in industry, government and non-government organisations. Click here for profiles of the Accord team.
Accord executive committees
Member companies are involved in direction and goal-setting for Accord via representation on the Board of Directors and sector-specific Executive Committees:
- The Board of Directors - oversees governance and strategic direction for Accord.
- The CTFA Executive Committee - provides leadership on projects and priorities relating to the consumer, cosmetic and personal care sector.
- The I&I Executive Committee - provides leadership on projects and priorities relating to the industrial and institutional sector.